Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Just a Video on My Nephew

Here are few pictures and videos below on my nephew that, I captured and
combined to make this video. Hope that you will enjoy watching it.


      My nephew just turn one year old. It is really exciting to watch him explore the world around him through 
play. I believe children are active
players. I believe they remember things more effectively when they play and
learn. Jean Piaget says play provides opportunities for many types of learning
in young children with emphasis on developing representational language and
thought (Jackman, H.L, 2009). Erik Erikson emphasized that importance of play
in helping children develop cooperative relationship and gain mutual trust (Jackman,
H.L, 2009). I also believe that we shouldn’t force children to do something
they dislike. 
I believe teacher should teach
children in a spacious environment and away from distraction. This includes
indoor environment and outdoor environment. ‘’ The environment is a stage on
which children plays outs the theme of childhood’’ their interests, triumphs,
problems and concerns’’ (Jackman, H.L, 2009). You can see in the video, I let my nephew experience indoor and outdoor play such as playing wit pots and pans, water play using swimming pool and etc.

 

References:
Jackman, H.L. (2009). Early Education Curriculum (4th ed.). United States of America: Thomson Delmar Learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment